Welcome to RSPServers
~~FEATURES~~
- Active Forums
- Webclient for all Users ( 317)
- Top 5 RSPServers
- TuTorial: How to make a RSPServer
Much More! Register Now!
Runescape Private Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runescape Private Servers

Welcome to RSPServers

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Always VOTE every 24 hours.
Need help? Contact me at: i-eat-subway@rspservers.com

do you need help with some coding look here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zelda_975
Get Some more Posts Noob
Get Some more Posts Noob

Website Points : 36

do you need help with some coding look here Empty
PostSubject: do you need help with some coding look here   do you need help with some coding look here I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:02 pm

For begginners

We're going to start off with probably the easiest way to code: Changing item prices.

1. Go to config in your server source.
2. Go to a wordpad file called "item" or "items". It may be different for different servers, or you may have both.
3. A wordpad will pop up with all of the item id's and their prices. You must know what these id's are ahead of time. You'll see about 6-8 numbers values next to the item id. The first three values next to the item id are the item's main prices.
4. Change all three values to a number you wish the item to cost.
5. Save the file, compile the server, and restart the server.
6. Congradulations, you've just become a coder.

Another way to code would be adding npc's.
1. To figure out npc id's you need to go to config and click on the wordpad (or notepad) called "npc".
2. Open up a wordpad (or notepad) called "autospawn".
3. You will see all the npc's and their positions. Make a new space for your npc (by pressing enter at the top). The first two values is where your npc is going to spawn. The other values are for advanced coders, so you can just put 0 0 0 0 1 for those.
4. Type in "spawn = (npc id) (x position) (y position) 0 0 0 0 1" without the quotations. Each value is seperated by the tab button on your keyboard.to get your x and y position on the game you will have to do ::mypos or ::coords
5. Save the file, compile the server, and restart the server.
6. Congradulations, you've just coded in an npc into your server.

The last free code im going to teach you is how to change items in shops.
1. Go to config and click on a wordpad (or notepad) called "shops".
2. You'll see the names of your shops in the game followed by the item id and then the amount.
3. The values will be seperated by twos, so it will be "(item id) (how many) (item id) (how many) (item id) (how many)" etc... seperated by the tab button.
4. By this point you should be pretty knowledgable on how to change the amount of the items, but not how to add one.
5. All you have to do is go to the last item amount of a shop and press tab, place the item id you want to add, press tab, and then put in a value for the amount of the item
6. Save>compile>restart.
7. Congradulations, you're a begginner coder.

I really hope this small guide helped a bit for you guys!
if you need some more help tell me, I would love to help
im making vids on how to code your rsps(317), there are on this website: http://rsprivateservers.forumotion.com/f5-skillzscape

Last edited by zelda_975 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://rsprivateservers.forumotion.com/
v3ng4nc3
Get Some more Posts Noob
Get Some more Posts Noob

Website Points : 4

do you need help with some coding look here Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you need help with some coding look here   do you need help with some coding look here I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:40 pm

zelda_975 wrote:
I'm not telling you how to get your x and y position on the game cause you should know how. If not, go on youtube or something.

Seriously lol? all you had to type was ::coords or ::mypos. You are trying to do a tut for beginners and you wont even tell them how to do that? lol.

Anyway nice but been done 100's of times and your only editing config folders not much coding.

For your last 1 your "showing how to add shop" lol new coders will follow this and think they'll have a shop in game. You haven't even shown how to fully add a shop so may i suggest you add on to that so they have a shop ingame?
Back to top Go down

do you need help with some coding look here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Runescape Private Servers :: Runescape Development :: Rs2 Help and Support-
Jump to: